Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus
Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus with Rosemary
This recipe is fast and easy and the results are so rewarding. These two seasonal veggies and the essence of the rosemary make a great combination. The pumpkin seeds and almonds kick up the protein and add a satisfying crunch to each bite.
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
1lb of Brussels sprouts
1 bunch of Asparagus
1 bunch of Green Onions
½ cup of raw pumpkin seeds and raw sliced almonds mixed together
1 bunch of fresh rosemary, if you are picking it fresh than a handful will do. Keep the rosemary in sprigs.
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive or vegetable oil for the sauté
1. Wash all the veggies and pat dry.
2. Remove the outer leaves from the Brussels Sprouts, trim off stem and cut into quarters
3. Cut the asparagus and green onions into thirds
4. Heat the oil in a pan on a medium high heat and add all the veggies at the same time.
5. Sauté for minute then add the rosemary sprigs.
6. Add the salt and pepper and continue to sauté until the Brussels sprouts begin to brown.
7. Add the pumpkin seeds and almonds and continue to sauté for another minute or two,
until the seeds begin to brown.
8. That’s it!
9. Serve at room temperature over a bed of tossed greens and garnish with your favorite salad toppings and a vinaigrette dressing. This also makes a great side dish or you can serve it over a bowl of rice, millet or quinoa.
You might want to remove the rosemary sprigs before eating because the stems can be a bit woody. If you don’t have pumpkin seeds or almonds try adding sunflower seeds, pine nuts or even walnuts and pecans. Any combo will work.